I’m not sure if school years and regular years have the same laws of governance, but when I was in high school, I remember lengthy discussions about how it seemed every other year was hard and the years between were the easy peasy ones. This year has certainly been a year of some trials and sheer reflection. I really feel as if 2015 truly holds some positive, happy gems to be revealed to me and others. You can’t have a crap year and expect next year to hold the same results. I have chosen to hold an optimistic outlook in life. Once again, I refuse to make a list of resolutions, as I find them pointless and a cause to set oneself up for a let down. So I look forward to seeing these things come to fruition this coming year. I’d say they’re realistic:
- Finding a new job that is worthy of my talents and uses said talents to their fullest potential.
- Being an all around healthier individual. Being healthy is the best thing to strive for.
- Being happier than I allowed myself to be this past year. I believe I dwelt far too long on the negative aspects and let them get the best of me far more often than I should have allowed.
- Focus on my writing more. Now that I have a lovely stand-alone site, why am I not taking advantage of the time I have to write more about my experiences and expectations! That’s the point of this place, right? Which reminds me, I’ve begun a new journey in zee blog world. A dream of mine has been to write a book one day. As of now, I am playing with several stories on my new blog Confessions Of A Millennial Workhorse. Check it out; you’ll learn more about how I came about being me. Feedback is most welcome!
- Allow for the least expected ways to let love or some sort of romance into my life. I hate to admit this, but I am probably my own worst enemy in the love department. “Help me, I’m POOR!”?
- Find something that will make others happy and do that thing! I haven’t volunteered nearly as much as I wanted to this year and the volunteering I did wasn’t the kind that actually helped anyone. I need to step it up in that department and make something mean something to somebody.
- Get enough sleep and stop going to bed passed midnight. A good night’s rest is going to help with item #2
So what can you do this year? Comment below and PLEASE have a safe and happy New Year! Hugs and Kisses!